The 1891 Baptist Temple on the main campus of Temple University was reborn as a state-of-the-art Event Center in 2010. Daniel J. Keating Company was selected to perform the general construction portion of this landmark project.
Located on North Broad Street and Berks Mall, the 36,000 square-foot Romanesque church features a highly articulated stone exterior, slate and copper roofing, and a magnificent half-rose, stained glass window punctuating the Broad Street facade.
The interior of the church was transformed into a 1200-seat, multipurpose performance venue primarily for the Boyer College of Music and Dance. The reconstruction respected the building’s extraordinary history while creating a modern, flexible performance center that meets the needs of the contemporary urban university.